The cornerstone of our success for more than 25 years has been our dedication to customer service and support.
Founded in 1962, Air Control Balancing, Inc. was originally affiliated with a control company. Due to the diversity, the companies eventually separated. The air balancing division was sold to the employees, who had been running it for a number of years. What seemed to be a risk has proven to be the best action for both Air Control Balancing, Inc., the employees and, most of all, for the clients. The specialization has allowed the company to maintain a staff that is dedicated to the specific needs of the customer. The lack of conflict and the dedication and training to a very specialized arena of the business has assisted Air Control Balancing, Inc. achieve the highest of respect from the industry.
Air Control Balancing has earned a strong reputation for quality service, expertise and results with an exceptional staff of engineers, technicians, and support personnel.
Air Control Balancing is an independent test and balance agency certified by the National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB).
1. Air Control Balancing, Inc. has been active in the balancing field since 1962, and we are a signatory contractor to the Sheet Metal Workers International Association.
2. We maintain a full-time staff of personnel who specialize in system balancing and indoor air quality analysis.
3. Our balancing personnel are also trained to analyse the temperature control system as it relates to the air and water distribution system.
4. Our balancing department is headed by a qualified heating, ventilating, and air conditioning application engineer with over thirty years of experience with air, water system and temperature control system balancing.
5. When not otherwise specified, we use the procedures outlined in “Procedural Standards for Testing, Adjusting and Balancing of Environmental System” published by the National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB).
6. Supervision of field testing and report are done by James Kaufmann who has twenty years experience in HVAC design, testing and balancing and who personally completed hundreds of projects ranging in size from singe zone to 250 zone high-rise buildings. Mr. Kaufmann is TAB Certified by the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Industry and Certified by the National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB) to test and balance air and hydronic environmental systems.
Years in Business
TABB Team Supervisor-“Jim” is President of Air Control Balancing, Inc., and is certified by National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB) to supervise the testing and balancing of environmental systems. He is one of the select few in the United States to be certified as a “TABB expert” by the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning industry. Certified TABB experts oversee the construction, testing and continuing education of TAB licensees across the United States. Mr. Kaufmann’s excellent reputation and over thirty years dedication to his field makes Air Control Balancing, Inc., one of the most sought after TAB service providers in California.
1967 to 1972 – Worked for W. L. Donley Mechanical Engineer designing HVAC systems
1973 to 1995 – Worked for G. J. Yamas and Yamas Controls Managing the Testing and Balancing Dept.
1996 to 2020 – Co-Owner and President of Air Control Balancing
Dorothy is the Vice-President of Air Control Balancing. With over 30 years in the industry, she manages the bids, scheduling and financing of the company. Dorothy is an officer and active member of the Central California Chapter of SMACNA. She is also on the Sheet Metal Workers Apprenticeship Committee. Dorothy is highly respected in the construction and building trades industry.
As the head estimator, Brian is an important member of our sales and estimating team. He has been involved with HVAC in excess of fifteen years, having worked for Air Control Balancing in the past as a TAB technician. Brian has worked on projects ranging from small schools to bio-pharmaceutical labs and silicon wafer manufacturing plants. For over two years he worked for a balancing firm in their national accounts department and had many projects across the country that he balanced, including the Austin Bergstrom International Airport. Brian re-joined our team in 2019 and in 2020 became our estimator.
April is an integral part of our team as our Financial Controller. She has been working at ACB for 11+ years. Her duties Include:
- Weekly Payroll Using Evolution Software
- Monthly Union Reports, Spreadsheets, Entry of Hours & Payment to SMWNBF Internet Payment System.
- Union Audit Prep
- Assisting in Yearly Tax Prep
- Assisting in End of Year Calcs and Spreadsheets
- Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets for all Bids, Jobs, & Service Orders
- Weekly A/R & A/P
- Scan, Organize and Archive Financial Files, Union Info and other business related paperwork & files.
Pam is the cheerful voice you will be greeted by when you are calling our office. She has worked for Air Control Balancing over 5 years as the office administrator, and handles all accounts receivable. Pam has helped our company grow to be one of the preferred balancing firms in California.
TABB Team Field Technician-Mark is NEBB and TABB Certified in air and hydronic balancing, and has worked for 10 years completing hundreds of projects ranging in size from single zone to 250 zone high-rise buildings.
Balancing has been a part of Nic’s life since he was 10 years old and accompanying his dad on a job to see what he did for work. Fast forward 21 years and Nic is now a TABB certified Supervisor for Air Control Balancing, with 13 official years of experience under his belt. He has balanced everything from local restaurants, to state-of-the-art Compounding Pharmacies, managed up to 15 small to medium sized projects at one time, and have had the personal goal of providing our customers with an honest, timely, and professional product. Nic is pleased to serve you and your mechanical needs, and hopes to continue doing so for many years to come.
Jason has been in the HVAC industry for 11 years, 8 of which have been with Air Control as a TAB Technician. He has worked on projects ranging from offices buildings and schools to hospitals and manufacturing plants.
Christian is the newest addition to the TAB Field Technician team. He has been involved in the completion of air and hydronic balancing on projects ranging from newly constructed university buildings to state-of-the-art pharmacy clean rooms and hazardous compounding rooms.